Baby

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier,
the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Diaper backward spells repaid.

Diaper backward spells repaid.  According to some of my online research, we will be 'repaid' somewhere between 8 and 15 times in the first 2 months.  Once the digestive system gets use to processing food through the mouth and out the other end, rather than through the umbilical cord, the number goes down.  We have decided (I have decided and have convinced the hubs) that we will use one-size all-in-one cloth diapers.  Because they are one-size, the range starts at about 7 or 8 lbs, however even big infants generally don't fit into them snugly until about 9lbs, so we will start the baby off with some eco-friendly Seventh Generation newborn dipes.  In the meantime, we will be stocking up on our BumGenius cloth diapers.
Once she's big enough, and needing to be changed less, I estimate that I can do laundry every other day, and survive with as few as 12 of the cloth ones. That estimate comes from my favorite blog, younghouselove.com , as well as a couple q/a's i've read about diaper changing in general. We will probably grab more than 12 to be safe. Though they are about $20 each, even if I spend $400 on my stock-pile, if we use them until she's potty-trained, or too big, I could still end up spending less than half what someone would on disposable. In two years it is estimated that the average couple spends $1000 on diapers. I can't imagine what that figure would be if that couple was spending the lil extra to get natural or eco-friendly dipes. I think it's a smart choice....and the colorful bumgenius diapers are just soo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment