Baby

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier,
the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

21 weeks (as of this past Monday)


At 21 weeks, baby girl sure has grown. I think I am even starting to feel her movements...though, it could just be gas bubbles.  Who knows - not me.

For baby, 21 weeks means she gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, my baby already knows what a White Castle microwaved cheeseburger tastes like. Lucky her!...I needed the protein at breakfast. :-)
For me, 21 weeks means more changes - daily - I am like a science experiment.  Though we can all pretend we know 'what to expect' it is still new to all of us first-timers.  Even the second go-around I can't imagine not being surprised by how much we go through.  Aside from the positives; larger breasts, longer/stronger hair and nails, and I am sure at some point I will feel 'positive' about more of the symptoms, there are just so many little not fun/negatives that we are supposed to 'expect'; weepiness, mood swings, bleeding gums, varicose veins, flatulence, back pain, joint pain, hemorrhoids, etc.  Luckily, I have yet to encounter all of those, but I still have to 'expect' them.
But, at 21 weeks, I am also more than half-way there.  Half way to meeting our little girl and starting our little family.   I have 19 weeks to prep her room, her life and her soon-to-be dad.  Though I will always wish men understood the craziness of this time more...at least I have yet to drive him (totally) crazy.  He's being a great husband, and I appreciate that...oh man...there goes the emotions...until next time...think about your bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment