Baby

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier,
the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

26 weeks down, only 14 to go!

OK, so the image is a bit...creepy...but that is the estimated image of my baby at 26 weeks along.  Her development is is coming along and her lungs are beginning their final stages.  She even takes practics breaths. She is gaining 6 ounces a week and now just about tops 2 pounds and is about 12 or so inches in length.  I am feeling every inch of that, each time she kicks!  She is kicking a lot more internally now (a lot to the bladder) so I get the feelin, literally and figuretively that she is facing my spine.  Sometimes I think I can feel her back...but I could just be imagining things.  The belly feels very firm after I eat, so it could just be that.
I am rounding the corner and I can see the third trimester.  I am 'officially' 6 months along this coming Saturday.  Crazy, right?  I am now at the point where everyone is trying to make me sit in the back seat.  I also go a little bit of VIPreggo treatment at the airport when we got shuttled to the front of the security line when the woman saw that I was pregnant.  Unfortunately, we only got that the first flight, and the shortest security line.  Oh well, I will only get bigger, so I guess we will see where it goes from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment