Baby

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier,
the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Roundin' third and headed for home!

Roundin' third and headed for home!
That's right!  At 28 weeks along, we are now in the third trimester!  This is a pivotal point in the development.  Her eyes open and close, rounding out all her sense development - touch, taste (we have more tastebuds in the womb than any other point in our lives), smell (though I am not sure how this works in-womb), sound and sight - yep, she can even recognize bright and dark light from in there!
Even more importantly, baby girl's lungs are learning and preparing to breathe on their own.  During this prep, she coughs, sucks in and sucks her thumb - she may even hiccup!  At this point we shart measuring her head-to-toe, and at this point the general baby estimate is 15-16 inches and 2.5 lbs.  Though, that will change each week as she starts to gain 6 ounces as each week passes.  This is also the time when most preggos start to gain weight as well, so it's an important time for me to eat healthy and keep up my lil exercises.  Whenever I have a free minute, at home that is, I do squat-knees (I may have made this up).  I squat down and then stand up lifting one knee up and crunching down to the side (behind my hip) with that elbow.  I feel this move helps my lower body as well as my core.  I also do door-frame push-ups and lots of stretching.  Every now and then I attempt the plank - or the kneeling plank...though I am such a wuss, I hardly stay up very long.
All these little things will hopefully keep me in shape enough to be in my best form when she decides to greet us...in roughly 12 weeks away!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment