Baby

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier,
the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



Monday, July 26, 2010

My baby puts the P in Placenta...


...Literally. At 15 weeks, my baby has come a long way and one of the changes has been the movement of the organs through the umbilical and into the body. Around 13-14 weeks, the babies liver, kidneys and urinary tract have developed and the baby actually starts to pee in the placenta! This urine is actually a valuable part of the amniotic fluid. By now, the babies inner sex organs have developed into either ovaries or testes - which will drop later. Among other developments have been the babies glands that are now starting to produce its own hormones. This all means that soon (hopefully, please, soon!) my digestive system will have to do less work to produce food for the baby and my body won't be working as much overtime to create enough hormones. All of these developments also mean that the blood will be rushing to my abdomen and a rate strong enough to give me headaches and dizziness - and yes, I have already experienced this in full force too.
Not just the insides, the outside is changing too. The torso is catching up to the head and the head is now only 1/3 the length of the body. The legs are longer than their arms too. Also, the eyes and ears are in their (near) final positions. It is a crazy time. In 4 weeks, we should be able to know the gender! I can't believe all the changes! Woot! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment